DELE Spanish Proficiency Certificates
Spanish language students have the opportunity to participate in testing for Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) certificates. DELE is the official accreditation of the degree of fluency of the Spanish Language, issued and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain.
The DELE Diplomas are recognized by official institutions of Spanish speaking countries as well as corporations, chambers of commerce, teachers associations, school districts and postsecondary educational institutions in Europe and Canada. Several North-American universities award course credits for the diplomas or require their graduate students to take them.
Edmonton Catholic Schools is an official center for providing the DELE exam of Spanish proficiency. Please contact the International languages consultant at Learning Services Innovation (780-989-3000) for information on when exams will be offered.
ECSD will not be offering the DELE exams in May due to the current situation.
The Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE):
- is consistent with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- is a calibration tool used to measure student progress in the Spanish language.
- allows learners to measure their level of achievement at a specific level of competency versus all students worldwide studying the same language
- allows learners to receive official proficiency recognition certificate, recognized by the Council of Europe
- gives learners greater possibilities to further their mastery of a second language on a lifelong basis
- is offered in partnership with the Instituto Cervantes