International Baccalaureate Programme
|Edmonton Catholic Schools offers three International Baccalaureate Programmes including:|
The programmes cultivate intercultural awareness, holistic knowledge and communication skills within a dimension of Catholic education. The IB Programmes focus on the development of the whole student while meeting students' academic, social, physical, emotional, and cultural needs.
The Programmes offer comprehensive and balanced curricula that dovetail with the Alberta Education curricula. IB students become critical and compassionate thinkers, informed participants in our global community, and responsible citizens.
Edmonton Catholic Schools is proud to offer these International Baccalaureate Programmes that have been officially authorized by the IBO.The International Baccalaureate Primary Years & Middle Years Programmes are for all students.
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
The Primary Years Programme is designed for students in Kindergarten through Grade 5 or Grade 6. It engages students in a uniquely international program focused on the total growth of the developing child, touching hearts as well as minds. It embraces a structured in-depth inquiry into curriculum that complements the Alberta Learning Program of Studies.
- Annunciation Elementary School (K-6)
- Bishop David Motiuk Elementary/Junior high School (K-5)
- St. Boniface Elementary School (K-6)
- St. Clement Elementary/Junior High School (K-6)
- St. Edmund Elementary/Junior High School (K-6)
Middle Years Programme (MYP)
The Middle Years Program provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills for students aged 11-16 (grades 6 or 7- to 10). This four or five year Programme begins in grade 6 or 7 and culminates in grade 10 in high school (Holy Cross as a French Immersion IB School finishes their program in grade 9). The MYP has three fundamental concepts developing holistic learning, intercultural awareness and communication.
- Archbishop MacDonald Catholic High School (10)
- Bishop David Motiuk Catholic Elementary/Junior High School (6-9)
- Holy Trinity Catholic High School (10)
- Louis St. Laurent Catholic Junior/Senior High School (7-10)
- St. Clement Catholic Elementary/Junior High School (6-9)
- St. Edmund Catholic Elementary/Junior High School (6-9)
Diploma Programme (DP)
- Archbishop MacDonald Catholic High School (11-12)
- Holy Trinity Catholic High School (11-12)
- Louis St. Laurent Catholic Junior/Senior High School (11-12)
- St. Joseph High School (11-12) (programme to end June 2021)