Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of becoming an office professional. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Administrative Professional Program.
Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering the Administrative Professional certificate, which equips students with the skills and knowledge to become an effective office professional. Students will learn essential skills such as basic accounting, office management, organizational politics, software applications, business communication, and event management.
Today's administrative professionals are often the voice and face of the company. They must be dynamic and able to actively lead the crucial day-to-day functions of an organization. They can make decisions, multi-task, solve issues, understand technology, communicate effectively, and operate an efficient office, no matter what the type of industry. Students will explore innovative trends and practices while acquiring the skills and knowledge relevant to current and future industry needs. Our focus on a high standard of applied education prepares you to be in high demand for quality employment. This program is offered in a unique, fast-tracked format that gives you the opportunity to achieve a career in less than a year.
Students complete classroom studies in ten months and then move on to one-month full-time work experience during the month of July.
- Courses: Complete Administrative Professional Certificate Program
- Location: Louis St. Laurent High School
- When: This course will occur from 8:30 am - 11:30 am Monday - Wednesday and Friday from September - June. Students will complete a 4 week practicum experience in July within a work environment.
- English 20 – 1: 50% or English 20-2 - 65% minimum (Can be taken concurrently)
- Math 10C - 50%
- Recommended typing speed of 25 wpm