Listen to a podcast from 630Ched about how teaching ESL in our LINC program is a cool job! (3:40 - 18:09 minutes) This was an interview that Tracy Pitre, part time LINC Teacher, did on January 27, 2016.
Teaching positions require the completion of the CLB Bootcamp prior to hiring. It is a self-directed course that provides an orientation to the various sections of the CLB document and how they are used for planning and assessment. The online bootcamp can be accessed as follows:
- Go to http://learning.language.ca
- Create a user account
- Click "login" at the top right corner of the page
- Enter your username/password which you created for your account and click "login"
- On the home page, click "CLB Bootcamp"
- The course homepage will appear. You will receive a welcome notice and be automatically enrolled in this course.
- ECSD LINC Teacher Job Description.pdf
To teach at ECSD LINC we require that teaching staff have an advanced level of English in all language skills. If you have completed any part of your education in a country where the official language is not English, you will need to submit results from an acceptable language proficiency test before we are able to offer you employment.
Accepted language proficiency tests are as follows:
|TOEFL iBT||92 or more with a minimum of 22 in each skill|
|IELTS||General or Academic 7.0 overall score with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|CELPIP||General 10 in each skill|
If you are interested in volunteering opportunities at ECSD LINC, please send your resume to Kristen Moser, LINC Program Assistant at Kristen.Moser@ecsd.net or call 780-473-2600.