ECSD Canada 150 Poster Contest
Thank you to everyone you submitted artwork for the contest. We were very impressed with all the submissions.
Pre-K to Grade 3
1st Place- Angelo G. Monsignor Fee Otterson
2nd Place - Kriszelle R. Helen D. Angelique C. Winta T. St. Catherine
Grade 4 - Grade 6
1st Place - Hana E. Our Lady of the Prairies
2nd Place - Joanna G. Archbishop Joseph MacNeil
3rd Place - Carlee M. Frere Antoine
Grade 7- Grade 9
1st Place - Neelsen B. Louis St. Laurent
2nd Place - Chammy Sister Annata Brockman
Grade 10 - Grade 12
1st Place - Jay Simon N. Archbishop O'Leary
Celebrate Red & White Day - May 30, 2017
Students in 100 Voices to Grade 12 are invited to design a poster for Red & White Day on May 30, 2017. Red & White Day falls on the 150 day of the year. Students are encouraged to design a poster and incorporate one of the four Government of Canada themes for the vision of the 150th anniversary of Confederation.
The main themes are:
- Diversity and inclusion – To continue building a welcoming Canada where there is a place for everyone, a Canada where everyone can reach his or her full potential.
- Reconciliation from with Indigenous peoples –To support the vital work of reconciliation with Indigenous peoples as outlined in the recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Reconciliation is a journey for all Canadians as we move forward into Canada%27s next 150 years.
- Youth – To continue to engage young people and give them the means to contribute to our society, because they are the ones who will shape tomorrow's Canada.
- Environment – To be the custodians of our environment, because it is a source of our country's wealth and pride. We want to bring Canadians closer to nature in order to strengthen their environmental awareness.
- Can be drawn or computer designed
- Size: 11 inch by 17 inch
- Wording must include but not limited to:
Edmonton Catholic Schools
Celebrate Canada 150
Red & White Day
May 30, 2017
- Completed posters will be turned in to the school
- Schools will then select which posters they'd like to submit to the contest and will send those entries to the ECSD Canada 150 Committee by April 28th
- Two submissions max per division per school
- Division categories: Pre-K-Grade 3/Grade 4-6/ Grade 7-9/ Grade 10-12
- Entries can be submitted via IMC to Dana Prefontaine at Catholic Education Services or submitted electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winning submissions will be posted to the District website
- There will be a four grand prize winners and four runner ups
- The four grand prize winners will each receive a Roots Canada Sweater and a Colour Me Canada Commemorative Colouring Book. The four runner up winners will each receive a Colour Me Canada Commemorative Colouring Book
- The winning poster designs will be reproduced and printed to promote Red & White Day on May 30th in our schools
- Winners will be announced on May 5th