Regional Collaborative Service Delivery
Regional Collaborative Service Delivery is the result of work completed during the Provincial Setting the Direction initiative.
One direction resulting from this work was the development of a collaborative approach to support students in an inclusive education system. Through the ERCSD approach services are provided to children, youth, families and staff by partners who include School Authorities, Alberta Health Services, Human Services and other community stakeholders.
The vision of the Edmonton RCSD is “student success through wellness”. The mission is to work collaboratively through inter/multi-disciplinary teams to provide the right supports and services at the right time and place by building the capacity of school staff, service providers and families in enhancing student services.
School Linked Teams include Speech and Language Pathologists (SLP), Occupational Therapists (OT), and Mental Health Therapists (MHT). These therapists and specialists work in Edmonton Catholic Schools together with our multi-disciplinary teams that also include Family School Liaison Workers and Emotional Behavioral Specialists.
The RCSD Regional Team provides additional specialized services and supports for students with low incidence disabilities and complex needs. Through the regional team schools have access to the following:
- Physical Therapists
- Adapted Physical Education Specialists
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Consultants
- Educational Audiologists
- Consultants for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Assistive Technology for Learning Consultants
- Respiratory Therapist
Priorities for Edmonton Regional Collaborative Service Delivery include:
- Provide a consistent, planned approach to the delivery of mental health services
- Create learning environments to develop receptive and expressive language skills, pragmatics, motor skills and the use of assistive technology for learning to enable written and oral communication
- Provide evidence-based intervention to promote social-emotional development and support with behavior challenges
- Ensure meaningful engagement in classroom and/or curriculum activities for all students including those with complex medical needs and low-incidence disabilities