Genesis Inclusive Support Transition (GIST)
The Genesis Inclusive Support Transition (GIST) Classrooms serve to support inclusion for children with autism. The model follows research-based best practices in working with children with autism who present with significant learning challenges. This occurs while building capacity among staff to support success in the inclusive classroom.
- Short term support (10 weeks) will be provided for these children. The classroom team consists of a teacher, behavioural specialist and early learning facilitator. This team works in collaboration with the school based multidisciplinary team and learning team.
- The school based educational assistant (EA) fully participates in the intervention program
- School based learning team is provided with professional development opportunities and classroom observations
- The GIST team will provide transition support after the intervention session
- Referrals for GIST are made by Early Learning or Inclusive consultants.
Click here for more information on GIST