Dual Credit - Accounting Technician Brochure.pdf
Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of business. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Accounting Technician. Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering 5 (3 credit) courses – Accounting 1, Accounting 2, Business Communication 1, Business Communication 2 and Computer Applications, which fulfill 5 of the 10 courses required to complete the Accounting Technician Certificate at NorQuest College. Upon completion of the 10 courses, you will be able to engage in a 150 hour practicum experience, which will give you hands-on experience in the area of accounting.
Future Post-Secondary Opportunities
These courses transfer to the Accounting Technician Certificate Program.
Upon successful completion, the courses can be applied towards the Business Administration Diploma.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Program, you can transfer your diploma program credits (up to 60 credits) to the following post-secondary institutions for a Degree Program:
- MacEwan University: Bachelor of Commerce
- Concordia University: Bachelor of Management
- Athabasca University : Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Management
- University of Lethbridge: Bachelor of Management
Upon successful completion of a degree program, you can apply for your status of "Chartered Professional Accountant" (Also known as your CPA designation)
You may apply for transfer to other post-secondary institutions in Canada.
- The student must receive a minimum of C- in the courses for transfer to occur.
Please refer to the chart below or the ACAT agreement for further inforamtion regarding transfer of the credits to other post-secondary institutions in Alberta.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary pre-requisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Students must receive a minimum grade of C- for a course for transfer to occur from NorQuest to another post-secondary institution.
- Accounting Clerk
- Office Supervisor
- Billing / Data Entry
- Data-Based Administration
- Financial Services
Description of Courses / Pre-Requisites
Introduction to Accounting
|This course provides an introduction to accounting procedures and financial statements, and their underlying concepts and principles. Within this framework, accounting practice is integrated with the development of accounting information for effective decision-making.
Math 20-1 or 30-2
or co-requisite of Math 20-1 or 30-2
Principles of Accounting
|Further examine accounting procedures and their underlying concepts and principles. Learn about additional standards and problems of valuation, income measurement and disclosure.
Introduction to Accounting
NorQuest works in collaboration with various post secondary institutions within Alberta and students will need to submit their transcripts to verify if the courses transfer to their selected institution.
Each course, students will receive 5 advanced level CTS credits from Alberta Education.