Here is an opportunity to get started on your post-secondary future You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in a dual credit opportunity that is recognized by post-secondary institutions.
Dual Credit - General University Transfer Brochure 2019.pdf
Courses and Prerequisites:
- Psychology (PSYC 1040) - Eng 20-1 with 60% Or
Eng 20-2 with 70%
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (MAT 151) - Math 30 with 60%
- Introductory University Chemistry I (CH 101) - Chemistry 30 with 60%
- Biology Organisms in Their Environment (BES 108) - Biology 30 with 60%
- Choral Ensemble (MUP 142) - Choral 15 or preapproval from Choral Instructor
- Introduction to Sustainable Business (BUSN 201) - Eng 20-1 with a 60% Eng 20-2 with 70%
Each of these courses can be applied towards a variety of careers.
Location & When:
Psychology - Cardinal Collins / St. Francis Xavier / Archbishop MacDonald- During school hours
Alternative Education during after school hours
All other courses will be offered through Alternative Education during after school hours.
Future Post-Secondary Opportunities
Each of these courses can be transferred towards a variety of post-secondary institutions, which may lead to a wide variety of potential careers. Please refer to http://transferalberta.alberta.ca/transfer-alberta-search/#/searchTypeStep for future details on the specific transferability for each course.
Students will receive 5 Advanced Level CTS credits and 3 post-secondary credits for each course.
You may apply to transfer them over to other post-secondary institutions in Alberta and Canada.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Students must receive a minimum grade of C- for a course for transfer to occur from one to another post-secondary institution.