Here is an opportunity to get started on your future in the world of business. You may start exploring your interests by enrolling in the dual credit opportunity of Accounting Technician. Edmonton Catholic Schools is offering 2 (5 credit) courses – Introduction to Accounting and Principles of Accounting.
Dual Credit - Accounting Technician Brochure 2019.pdf
Courses: Introduction to Accounting - BUSD 1004 & Principles of Accounting - BUSD 1006
Location: Archbishop MacDonald High School
When: During the school day
Prerequisite: Math 20-1 or 30-2 or concurrently of Math 20-1 or 30-2
High School Credit: Each course will give a student 5 Advanced level Career and Technology Credits (CTS) towards their high school diploma.
Post-Secondary Credit: Each course will give a student 3 credits from NorQuest College.
Transferability: These courses transfer to the Accounting Technician Certificate Program at NorQuest College.
Upon successful completion, the courses can be applied towards the Business Administration Diploma at NorQuest College.
NorQuest works in collaboration with various post secondary institutions within Alberta and students will need to submit their transcripts to verify transferability to their selected institution.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Program, you can transfer your diploma program credits (up to 60 credits) to the following post-secondary institutions for a Degree Program:
- MacEwan University: Bachelor of Commerce
- Concordia University: Bachelor of Management
- Athabasca University : Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Management
- University of Lethbridge: Bachelor of Management
Upon successful completion of a degree program, you can apply for your status of "Chartered Professional Accountant" (Also known as your CPA designation)
You may apply for transfer to other post-secondary institutions in Canada.
- The student must receive a minimum of C- in the courses for transfer to occur to another post-secondary institution.
- Prior to entering any program at a post-secondary institution, the student must have the necessary prerequisites required by the institution prior to be accepted into their program
- Accounting Clerk
- Office Supervisor
- Billing / Data Entry
- Data-Based Administration
- Financial Services