New Chair and Vice Chair elected for Board of Trustees
A new Chair and Vice-Chair were chosen this afternoon during the Organizational Meeting of the Board of Trustees.
For the 2014/15 school year, the Board voted Debbie Engel as Chair and Marilyn Bergstra as Vice-Chair.
This will be Debbie's ninth term as Chair and her 17th year as Trustee for Ward 74. Debbie has served as Vice-Chair four times. She has been on numerous committees both internally and externally including:
- Alberta School Boards Association
- Alberta Catholic School Trustees' Association
- AUPE (Alberta Union of Provincial Employees) Negotiating Committee.
"I am looking forward to taking on this important role this year," said Chair Debbie Engel. "Promoting Catholic Education is extremely important to me and I will enjoy my continued work with all Trustees," Debbie went on to say.
Marilyn Bergstra was first elected in 2007 and is in her seventh year as Trustee for Ward 76. She has sat or currently serving on numerous internal and external committees including:
- The first year of a two year term on the Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) Board of Directors representing Edmonton Catholic Schools,
- District Negotiations with Support staff and our Custodial and Maintenance staff
- Edmonton Community Sustainability Coalition
"I am looking forward to supporting Chair Engel in her role and working together with the Board and Administration to enrich the experiences of all students in our District," said Vice-Chair Marilyn Bergstra.