“Be who you are meant to be and you will set the world on fire.”
St. Catherine of Siena
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada has initiated a program to spread the word of the League and to educate current and future members about the history, governance and goals of the League.
Edmonton Catholic Schools has taken the program “Catch the Fire” and created a course for high school girls where they gather to learn about this wonderful organization founded by their foremothers and supported by Catholic Women across Canada. By taking this course, the girls will receive three credits in leadership and volunteerism while they learn about the League, make friends and have fun.
For more information about the “Catch the Fire” Course in Edmonton Catholic Schools, please contact your high school chaplain or call Cecilia Fenrich, District Programs Manager, at 780-441-6115.
Click here for more information
About the Catholic Women’s League:
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
The objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic church
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
- to protect the sanctity of life
- to enhance the role of women in church and society
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
For more information about the Catholic Women’s League please contact your local parish or go to their website at www.cwl.ca