Our Foundation / Mission and Vision
The Mission Statement of Our Division
We believe in God and we believe
- Love of the Father
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Hope from the Holy Spirit
- that each person is created in the image and likeness of God
- that each child is a precious gift and sacred responsibility
- in the goodness, dignity and worth of each person
- that Christ is our model and our teacher
- in celebrating and witnessing our faith
- in transforming the world through Catholic education
- that Catholic education includes spiritual growth and fulfillment
- that learning is a lifelong journey
- that all can learn and develop their gifts
- in building inclusive Christ-centred communities for service to one another
- that all have rights, roles and responsibilities for which they are accountable
- that Catholic education is a shared responsibility in which parents have a primary role
The mission of Edmonton Catholic Schools is to provide a Catholic education that inspires students to learn and that prepares them to live fully and to serve God in one another.
Our students will learn together, work together and pray together in answering the call to a faith-filled life of service.
Christ-Centred, Competency-Based Learning in Edmonton Catholic Schools
Preparing our students for this world and the nextInspired by our Division's mission and vision statements, Edmonton Catholic Schools is committed to offering a Christ-centred, competency-based learning experience for all learners. Every facet of our learning system is aligned to offer an excellent Catholic education that inspires students to develop the conceptual and procedural understanding needed for successful learning, living, and working in Alberta and beyond.
Guided by our moral compass, students and staff will engage individually and collaboratively in serving the common good today while being good stewards for tomorrow.
A Defining Statement of Inclusive Education in Our Division – Katholos:
Education for Life for All
In accordance with our Division's Foundation Statement, all *resident students and their parents/caregivers are welcomed into our schools. The Learning Team is committed to collaborating, identifying, applying and monitoring practices enabling all students to reach their potential, spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and academically within the Programs of Study alongside their peers.
*resident student as defined by the Education ActOur Foundation - Mission and Vision