In a spirit of faith and hope, District Operations provides leadership and administration services to schools, to the Office of the Superintendent and to the District.
Leadership builds and enhances leadership capacity within the certificated staff of Edmonton Catholic Schools.
District Operations is Responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day support to the Superintendent and the areas of School Operations Services and Leadership Development Services
- Providing direct support to all programs provided by Leadership Development Services
- Providing the Superintendent with information and recommendations regarding the identification of candidates for school based administrative positions as well as collaborate with the designated leadership team for the placement of school-based administrators
- Providing leadership with respect to the evaluation of principals in their first three years of principal leadership.
- Supporting principals in the evaluation and mentorship of assistant principals
- District Archives
In collaboration with Human Resources, Leadership Services, District Operations provides support in the following areas of leadership.
Leadership Training – a program for certificated staff considering a career in school based leadership.
Principal Training – a program of discernment and training for assistant principals who are preparing for a possible appointment to the principalship.
New Principals’ Training – a program that provides training, support and mentorship to first year principals.
New Assistant Principals’ Training – a program that provides encouragement, training and collegial support for first year assistant principals.
Catholic Education Leadership - professional development opportunities for assistant principals, principals and senior administrators.
School Operations Services
School Operations Services provides advice, mediation, coaching, support and proactive planning to support school-based leadership to ensure success for all students. They assist schools in the delivery of the prescribed programs and in dealing with student and/or parent concerns which may arise from time to time while providing leadership conductive to the successful operation of schools as per applicable legislation and District Administrative Procedures, Examples include:
- School hours of operation
- School and parent support
- Financial planning & budgeting
- Critical Response Team coordination (grief counseling)
- Threat Management Team Coordination
- Administrative Procedure – review and development
- Suspensions and expulsions
- Parent/School issue meetings (where requested)
- School Resource officers and School Team Advisors for Youth programs
P 780 441-6090
F 780 425-7429