PASS (Part-Time Alternative Self-Paced School)
PASS is an Alternative Education high school after hours program for students who want a self-paced, individualized approach to their education. Courses are offered in modules (self-paced resources) broken up into smaller units to be completed independently (asynchronously) with the help of a certified teacher.
The teacher and the student determine appropriate goals and can set personalized schedules.
The program currently operates from five ECSD locations and is available from September to June, every Monday and Wednesday from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
*** All assessments are in person.
Registration is open to all ECSD and Non-ECSD students
inclusive of 4th and 5th year high school students.
For support, please call 780 944 2000.
PASS students must visit the PASS location they are registered at to pick up their course resources and to meet their teacher. Material can be picked up on Mondays or Wednesdays from 4:00 - 7:00 pm.
- Students can be registered in PASS and in another High School
- Students cannot be enrolled in the same course at the same time in two different schools
- Students must have the prerequisite for any course they wish to enroll in
- Students in grade 9 of the current school year are not permitted to enroll in PASS courses
- Teachers will keep students and parents informed of progress on a regular basis
- Frequent communication in person, by phone, through TEAMS or by email is highly encouraged