PASS (Part-Time Alternative Self-Paced School)
* Pivot to Online Learning *
As we move to online learning for the start of Q4, from April 22nd to May 6th, students registered in Q4 please plan to attend PASS this evening (Wednesday, April 21) to pick up your resources and access teacher support if needed.
Starting Monday, students can pick up packaged resources from their PASS site by appointment only.
Deadline for quarter 4 registration is on Wednesday, April 28th at 4:00 pm
Please note space is limited and registration can be closed earlier if capacity is reached.
PASS is an Alternative Education high school after hours program for students who want a self-paced, individualized approach to their education. Courses are offered in modules (self-paced resources) broken up into smaller units to be completed independently (asynchronously) with the help of a certified teacher.
The teacher and the student determine appropriate goals and can set personalized schedules.
The program currently operates from five ECSD locations and is available in quartermesters from September to June, every Monday and Wednesday from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- Students can be registered in PASS and in another High School
- Students cannot be enrolled in the same course at the same time in two different schools.
This means you cannot simultaneously take a course at your high school and at PASS.
- Students must have the prerequisite for any course they wish to enroll in
- Students in grade 9 of the current school year are not permitted to enroll in PASS courses
- Teachers will advise students and keep students (& parents) informed of progress on a regular basis. Frequent communication in person, by phone or by email is highly encouraged
PASS CALENDAR for Quarter 4
DIPLOMA EXAMS SCHEDULE
If you have further questions, please contact 780 944-2000.