Skip to main content


Who is eligible to take academic courses with Edmonton Catholic School of Alternative Education?

AE welcomes students of all ages. High school credit and non-credit courses are open to students looking to upgrade, catch up or jump ahead.  

I’m under 20 and registered at another high school.  Can I take a high school credit course with AE?

  • Yes!  Whether you are registered with Edmonton Catholic Schools or with another school board in our province you are able to register in some of our programs. Proof of successful prerequisite completion is required when you register.

    NOTE: Alberta Education does not allow:
    • Junior high school students are not able to register in high school courses until they have successfully completed grade 9
    • Students cannot register in the same course at two different schools in the same semester

I’m under 20 and not registered in school and interested in taking a high school course.

  • Contact 780-944-2000 if you are interested in registering with one of our programs and we will guide you through the process.

Who is considered a Mature Student?

  • If you are 19 years of age or older as of September 1 of the current school year, you are considered an adult learner/mature student.

I am an international student in Canada on a study permit visa.  Can I take a course?

  • All international students must contact One World...One Centre at 780-944-2001 prior to registering at any AE location.
  • After contacting One World...One Centre, International students must present a valid study permit and passport at the time of registration in person at Sacred Heart Centre.  Please call 780-944-2000 to book your appointment.

Do I require the prerequisite course?

  • Yes.  If you are under 20 years old as of September 1 of the current school year, you must have the stated course prerequisite.

Where can I get help with my academic planning?

  • Contact 780-944-2000 if you are interested in registering in one of our programs with and we will guide you through the process.

Does AE offer Student Finance?

  • No. If you are a part-time PASS or Summer School student, you are not eligible to receive Student Finance benefits.
  • Yes. If you are a Full-Time Cardinal Collins Catholic Academic Centre (Fresh Start) student you are eligible to receive Student Finance benefits.

Where can I obtain my high school records?

How can I register for a course?

  • PASS – Part Time Alternative Self-paced School
  • Cardinal Collins Catholic Academic Centre (Fresh Start) – Full Time Self-Directed School
    • In person at your preferred location during program operational hours 
  • Summer School

Do I need to create a student profile to register?

  • Yes, you are required to create an account to register for academic courses through PASS, Revelation Online and Summer School.
  • Please take note of your login and password for future registrations.
  • Your AE Online Registration account is not the same as your ECSD PowerSchool account. 

How will I know if I get into a course?

  • If you register online, you will receive an email with instructions on how to finalize your registration. 

Where are the AE locations?

Do courses with low enrollment get cancelled?

  • AE reserves the right to cancel any class where the minimum enrollment is not met.
  • A full refund is issued for any course cancelled by AE.

What are the fees for taking an academic course?

Program Fees for students under 20 years of age on September 1st, of current school year:

  • $63 NON-REFUNDABLE Technology User Fee
  • $90 Caution Fee (Upon the return of all textbooks/materials in satisfactory condition) 

What is AE’s fee payment policy?

  • Upon registration, you are required to pay all Fees in order to finalize your registration.

What payment methods are accepted?

  • Cash, Cheque, Debit, Visa or MasterCard accepted.

What is AE’s cancellation policy?

  • All Technology User/ Program Fees are Non-Refundable.
Back to top