FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions)
Please see below for a question that you may have and may be answered. Thank you!
If I am not an Edmonton Catholic School Division (ECSD) student could I take a course with Alternative Education?
- Out of Division students interested in registering for Summer School with the CLASSROOM-BASED or SELF-PACED program, please contact 780 944-2000.
- Out of Division Students interested in registering for Summer School with the ONLINE program, please contact 780 670-2940
What is a prerequisite? Is it required?
• Prerequisite courses are courses required to be completed prior to entering the sequential course
• A student who has achieved a mark of 50% or higher in a given course is eligible to take the next or high-ranking high school course in that sequence
• For further questions or for students with a high school diploma, please call 780 944-2000 or visit ae.ecsd.net
If I’m an International Student in Canada with a study permit, can I take course with Alternative Education?
• Eligible international students may take Alternative Education courses and must provide their valid student study permit, passport and current school records to determine eligibility for admission
• To register, please contact International Services at One World...One Centre at 780 944-2001
Where can I obtain my Detailed Academic Report (DAR)?
• Detailed Academic Reports (DAR) can be accessed through myPass on the Alberta Education website at www.education.alberta.ca
When can I pick up my self-paced course material? When can I access my online course material?
• Upon completion of you online registration and payment, you will receive an email with information pertaining to course material pick up or information with regards to accessing your course online
When can I pick up my course material for a self-paced or online course?
• Students registered in an online course will be emailed information about their course starting on May 3 upon finalizing registration with payment
How will I know the status of my classroom-based summer school course?
• You will receive an email advising the status of your course once it has been determined
• If your course is cancelled, you will receive an email asking you to contact Alternative Education at 780 944-2000. Every effort will be made to accommodate cancelled course registrations
• Note that classes are subject to enrolment minimums and courses may be relocated to another summer school site
I’m having difficulty registering online
• Students must have either their ASN or ECSD ID number to register
• There may be an account already associated with the student profile
• If you are experiencing difficulties registering, please call Alternative Education at 780 944-2000 for assistance
I’m writing a diploma in August, what do I do?
• Please refer to the Alberta Education website for updated diploma information