* New * Student Services - Google Classroom site - https://sites.google.com/ecsd.net/holytrinitywellnesssite/home
Grad Requirements <- Alberta Education website
Driver's Training Classes <- AMA website
Holy Trinity offers counseling services and student support to students. Appointments can be made through each individuals’ email or by calling the school at 780-462-5777.
Student Services Department Head: Melissa De Stefanis-King
- Oversees the operations of the department and works in partnership with the school administration. The goal is to provide support to our students and staff.
FMNI (First Nation, Metis, and Inuit) Lead Teacher: Jessica Altin
- The FNMI Lead Teacher encourages, mentors, challenges and coaches FNMI students to achieve academic success.
Student counselor: Kris Christianson
- Counselors assist students who deal with a wide range of personal and/or social issues, which may affect their ability to reach their potential at school. If students need assistance from out-of-school or community agencies, contacts and referrals can often be arranged by the school counselor.
Videos Basic Breathing Exercise https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/4f96f4a9-2aea-4c60-a9a2-627b6a8231a4
Box Breathing Box Breathing.mp4
Name 5 Things Name 5 Things - Distraction.mp4
Catching Irrational Thoughts Catching Irrational Thoughts.mp4
Anxiety/Panic Attacks https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/6a09ec1a-eba5-4c5c-bbdf-bb493ba20894
Progressive Muscle Relaxation #1 https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/67278ad2-eccf-489e-bd63-22fc6fbb335d
Progressive Muscle Relaxation #2 https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/4b54abc3-8054-447f-9128-8a726bdf7014
- The Learning Coach assists teachers when providing the most appropriate learning strategies to meet the diverse learning needs of all students. The learning coach also helps students who are struggling academically, to advocate for themselves leading to high school completion. The learning coach will liaise with teachers to provide and ensure appropriate accommodations for learning.
Graduation & Academic Coach: Kathryn Wojcicki
- Holy Trinity's goal is to ensure the successful transition of all students from High school into post-secondary education or work. The High School Graduation Coach provides additional support and works with students to ensure academic and social success.
- For all information regarding graduating, upgrading, post-secondary, scholarships, paying for post-secondary and careers please visit the HT Grad Coach website: bit.ly/HTGradCoach
Family School Liaison Worker (FSLW): Hannah Wong
- The Family School Liaison Worker recognizes the importance of the emotional needs of students. The FSLW will help support family needs by providing information and contacts with agencies in the community.
AHS Therapist: Mikayla Kuchinsky
- The Alberta Health Services (AHS) Therapist and Counselor work on direct referrals from the Student Services team and school staff. They can meet one-on-one with students and provide assessment and further referral.
Mental Health Resources for Children and Youth:
How to Access AHS Programs and Services Outside of School:
School Resource Officer (SRO): Constable Capinding
- The School Resource Officer program is a partnership between the Edmonton Catholic/Public school boards and the Edmonton Police Service. The SRO works closely with student services and aims to provide the students, staff and parents of Holy Trinity with someone they can speak to regarding problems, concerns or general questions they may have from a community-policing standpoint.
- The SRO role also involves providing consultations to school administration and classroom presentations when needed.
- The SRO’s goal is to ensure that every student attending Holy Trinity feels safe, respected and listened to. The SRO office is located within the school and is open to everyone. Come say hi!
Transcript Request Information:
- Transcripts can be ordered through mypass.alberta.ca and each Official Transcript cost $10.00
Former Trinity Students:
- Holy Trinity does not have access to the transcripts of former students.
- If you need access to your official high school transcripts you must do so though MyPass. You can sign up for a MyPass account through this website:
- https://public.education.alberta.ca/PASI/mypass/welcome and by clicking on the "Sign in with an Education Account" button. There you can request your log in information to be sent in the mail.
- You can also call Alberta Education (Transcripts and Diploma Department) for more information at 780-427-5732.
- Register for Diploma re-writes through Mypass.alberta.ca
- It is a one-time application scholarship that will occur in a student’s Grade 12 year. The application form can be found online Rutherford Scholarship
Colleges and Universities:
Colleges and Universities in the Edmonton Area
Please check post-Secondary websites for important dates such as Open House information and Application Deadlines
Colleges and Universities in Alberta
Useful career planning website: www.myblueprint.ca/ecsd
Use the Alberta Education website to discover more about careers and more about what careers may be best for you - www.alis.gov.ab.ca/
Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries:
District Scholarships and Awards website: https://www.ecsd.net/ParentsSt...
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship - http://studentaid.alberta.ca/r...
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
- A cash award given to a student primarily based on academic standing &/or community involvement
- An award given to a student who has attained a certain level of achievement and needs financial assistance to continue his/her education
- A small award given in recognition of some specific superior accomplishment. Prizes may be in the form of books, plaques, subscriptions, cash, etc.
- A non-repayable sum of money that is given based primarily on financial need, but academic achievement may also be considered.
- A loan is an advance on the understanding that the money will be repaid upon the completion of one’s studies.
- Federal and Provincial government both provide student loan plans.
- Student Finance Board administers both Provincial and Canadian student loans. Both loans are applied for on one application.
- Forms are available from student services in early May.