St. Joseph High School 2021 - 2022 Registration
NEW for 2021-2022 all Edmonton Catholic Junior High students
will be tagged to their catchment high school
according to their home address.
Students from outside St. Joseph HS catchment
can still apply for the specialized programs at our school.
Those programs include: Guided Customized Learning (GCL),
ECSD Online School, Cree Language & Culture Program,
Occupational CTS Experiences, and our 4th & 5th year Programming.
How to Apply:
Are you NEW to the Edmonton Catholic School District?
(Your child does not currently attend an ECSD school)
Please proceed to Step 1 below.
Is your child is a CURRENT Edmonton Catholic School Student?
Please proceed to Step 2 below
If you are NOT currently attending an Edmonton Catholic school, you must complete
the online application for the school - click here: REGISTER NOW.
Please remember to upload your child's most recent report card and other supporting
documents as your application will not be reviewed until all items are submitted.
Once completed, please proceed to Step 2 for Course Selections.
- Acceptance is based upon programming choice,
student marks, attendance and space availability.
- All applications will be reviewed and examined over a
period of a few months, to determine which applications may be accepted.
- You will be notified by the school regarding the status of your application.
- Due to school growth and space limitations, submitting
an application does not mean that acceptance is automatic.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What if I don't have all the necessary documents right now?
Incomplete applications cannot be processed. Please upload the documents as soon as you can to the email@example.com mailbox. Please ensure that you clearly identify your child’s name on all documents. Or you can drop it off a paper copy at the school between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm daily. (10830 – 101 street, Edmonton)
2. Will there be an Open House this year?
Following pandemic protocols, the St. Joseph High School Open House this year was virtual and was held on February 23 from 6:00-8:00 PM. You can view it here OPEN HOUSE 2021
The St. Joseph HS Open House consisted of:
- A presentation from school staff on the different programs and opportunities at St. Joseph HS that will have components that are live and others that were previously recorded. This full presentation will be recorded and available for viewing at any time following the scheduled event.
- An interactive virtual map and video tour of different areas of the building.
- A video that interviews staff, current students and alumni, highlighting different programs and experiences that St. Joseph HS offers.
3. Will I be able to apply to post-secondary from my 4th & 5th year?
Many post-secondary institutions have Winter registration, starting in January of the current year. Programs that are shorter in length - ex. NAIT 2 year Diploma programs - may only allow for September registrations.
We will be offering Quarterly programming (Q1, Q2) for 30 level core courses which will be available for selection exclusively for 4th & 5th year students. This will allow students that are upgrading to apply for Winter Term admittance to of post-secondary institutions.