Skip to main content

Student Services Resources

Welcome to Archbishop MacDonald: Student Services


Counselling Resources:

If you are experiencing a crisis please utilize one of the following free resources:

 *For crises outside of school hours or occurring when you are off of the school grounds, please refer to the above resources or call 2-1-1 for further options. Some of the counselling centres noted below may also take walk-in crisis cases as well, but it is best to call first to be sure.

Mental Health-Related Resources:

Youth/Young Adult Resources in Edmonton:

Affordable Counselling Services in Edmonton:

Students may require more extensive counselling services than the counsellor(s) at Archbishop MacDonald can provide due to the number of students whom the counsellor supports. Students may seek this support on their own or be referred to these services by the school counsellor.

*Please note: if you are under the age of 18, you will require parental consent to receive counselling services. The exception to this is if you go to Northgate Centre (9499 137 Ave – 780-475-3695) to the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Intake Services. At this centre they may determine that you qualify to be a mature minor, in which case you can sign your own consent, but it is up to them to determine whether you qualify for this or not. Please call ahead to have a better understanding of how their intake process works.

Parents or teachers may also refer students to AHS counselling services:

For additional counselling options, call 2-1-1. If you are looking for a specific type of private practice counselling services, they are searchable on the internet or talk to the school counsellor for a referral. You can also use this website as a tool to find a psychologist:

Back to top