MAC Application 2021-2022
All the information you need to complete and submit your MAC application for the 2021-2022 school year can be found here:
How to Apply:
As a school of choice in Edmonton, Archbishop Macdonald High School has a specific and unique admissions procedure.
Please follow the procedure carefully to ensure you have a completed Application when you drop off your package at Archbishop MacDonald School.
*Incomplete Applications will not be accepted.
Application Drop off dates:
- March 1st: 10:30 am -3:00 pm
- March 2nd: 9:15 am-3:00 pm
- March 3rd: 9:15 am-3:00 pm
- March 4th: 1:00 pm-7:00 pm
- March 5th: 9:15 am-3:00 pm
- March 8th: 3:45 pm-7:00 pm
Students must have a Minimum Grade of 75% in each of the following Grade 9 subjects:
- Religious Studies (Unless applying from a public school)
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
*Marks in these subjects are NOT averaged but a per course minimum of 75%
The following application form (pick Application Form or French Immersion Application Form) includes the main documents you need to complete to be prepared for your application drop off.
- The application form is TYPE FILLABLE to save you time and help expedite the completion of your application package.
- Make sure you download and save the Fillable Form PDF then open it up with a PDF reader (Ex. Adobe Acrobat) in order to save the data you input.
- After you fill out your form, please PRINT it, SIGN all the documents and bring them as part of your application package when you drop it off at Archbishop MacDonald High School.
The following documents are available for you to review to understand our application process and what you need to sign to complete your application.
- Information to Complete the Self-Reflection (Include in your application package)
- Field Trip to Basilica to mass at St. Joseph Basilica (Include in your application package)
- Archbishop MacDonald 3-year FULL IB Diploma Path (Not Needed in application package)
- Archbishop MacDonald Grade 10 Course Offerings (Not needed in the application package)
Checklist to Ensure your Application is Complete:
ALL parts of the Application Form completed
- Photocopies of the following Official Documentation
- Catholic Baptismal Certificate
- Proof of Address in Edmonton
- Proof you are legally in Canada (You only NEED ONE of the following documents)
- Canadian Birth Certificate (Best Option)
- Canadian Permanent Residence
- Canadian Immigration Document
- Student Self-Reflection Included
- Field Trip Form Completed -Mass at St. Joseph Basilica
- Print out of current grade dated after February 21st, 2021. Progress report is in a percentage grade and meets the minimum MAC requirements.
The following links are available to help you understand Edmonton Catholic Schools procedures:
- Declaring Resident or Non-Resident-Administration Procedure #300
- FOIP-Administration Procedure #180
- ECSD Information Resources Responsible Use Agreement- Administration Procedure #140
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB-MYP)
This is a reminder that all students planning to complete your middle years program and receive their MYP certificates must:
- Complete their Personal Project that was started in grade 9
- Register for a 2nd language
If you would like a link to our Open House sent to you, please fill out this form:
Open House Information
If you have any questions, please contact Archbishop MacDonald high school directly.
An e-mail will be sent to the parent's email address to confirm your acceptance or decline of your application by the middle of April, 2021
- Please ensure that your e-mail account does not block our division e-mails or place them into your junk folder.
Thank you for considering MAC as your school for the next three years of your education.