Post Secondary Info
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO AFTER I LEAVE HIGH SCHOOL?
1. Will I attend post-secondary school? University of Alberta? MacEwan University? NAIT?
Concordia University? King’s University? Norquest College?
2. Am I considering a trades program that includes an apprenticeship?
3. Do I want to start a job immediately after I graduate?
4. What high school courses do I need to access the program I want in university or college?
(Visit www.alis.alberta.ca to find out information about career choices!)
5. What high school courses should I take that will enable me to keep all of my options open,
just in case I should change my mind about my future career goals?
HOW CAN I MAXIMIZE MY POST-SECONDARY OPTIONS ONCE I EARN MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA?
1. Most jobs will require education beyond a high school diploma.
2. I can expect to change jobs at least up to 10 times in my lifetime.
3. I should be as prepared and educated as I can be.
4. Am I enrolled in the courses I need for my program?
5. In choosing my options, am I considering skills needed, interests, and/or job market/
6. Will I have at least 100 credits at the end of Grade 12 and meet the other high school
EARNING MY HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA: PLANNING FOR THE END IN MIND.
1. Make a 3-year plan. Use the list of courses offered at the back of this book, to select core
courses and options. Refer to the Alberta High School Diploma requirements, course lists and
planning worksheet on pages 53-56 to ensure you have all required courses/requirements.
2. Double-check to ensure that everything fits into my schedule. Note: Each semester has
four regular class periods. Each block can be filled in with one 5 credit course or two 3 credit
courses. Some courses may be taken during lunch time. Opting for too many courses may
require enrolling in summer school to complete.
Edmonton Post Secondary Institutes Open Houses
Join us at Virtual Open House 2021!
Saturday, October 16, 2021 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE | OCTOBER 16, 2021
APPLY FOR FREE
On October 16th, CUE will be hosting its virtual open house. This will be an eventful day for students who can attend virtual presentations and drop in chat sessions with faculties and services such as Admissions and Financial Aid, ask our student ambassador questions, and enter into a draw for tuition credits worth $2,500 and $1,000!
Students are encouraged to pre-register for Open House 2021. All registrants will be provided with the links to the event and an application waiver code that will allow them to Apply for FREE! for the entirety of the weekend. Please note that the code is only valid for domestic undergraduate students.
Saturday November 6th, 2021
We’ve taken what students love most about MacEwan University’s in-person open house event and moved it online. With information sessions, a virtual tour, and faculty and staff standing by to chat with you, it’s the next best thing to experiencing our campus in person.
Register to attend
October 16, 2021 (10 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
Apply for FREE at the event.
Enter to win a $1,000 tuition rebate.
This year's Outdoor Open House is a perfect opportunity to discover the unique and highly recognized programs that set King's graduates apart. Take a tour of campus, talk with an admissions counsellor and meet faculty and staff who are ready to answer your questions. Come find out why King's is an amazing investment in your future.
All students should sign up for My Blueprint.ca My Blueprint is a comprehensive education and career/life planning program with the tools students need to make the most informed decisions about their future. Track your High School Completion and apply for the Rutherford Scholarship.
Password for new user is: austinobrien
myPass is an Alberta Education self-service website for students to:
|Order high school transcripts in English and French|
|View diploma exam marks|
|Register to write or rewrite diploma exams with online payment|
|View and print Detailed Academic Reports (DAR)|
|View progress towards a credential (diploma or certificate)|
|Order additional copies of an awarded credential in English or French|
|Receive notifications for important messages|