Please Note: More information to students for Grad can be found on our Digital boards throughout the school, Instagram , School Website, Hallway bulletin boards, Student Portal, Calendar of Events as well as listening to Daily announcements before lunch. There are 3 grade 12 assemblies a year as well as multiple classroom visits by our Grad Coach where details are discussed. The Students are also given handouts during this time.
Grad 2020 Videos and Hi-Lites: Password is crusaders 2020
To graduate from Austin O’Brien, you MUST have also have completed your Green book AND 9 credits in religion.
All students must have a minimum of 100 credits to graduate. At AOB, we aim for you to have 110 just in case!
Making the Grad List:
- Green book- Deadline will be given in your social class semester 2. All students that took social last semester have handed in their green book. If you took social last year or in summer school, and you still have not completed a green book, you MUST see me ASAP!
- Requirements: All courses required to graduate, including religion, are either completed OR you are currently registered in those courses AND you are passing them. This means that you have the potential to graduate. Any course you are taking by module, whether it be here, PASS, REV on line, MUST be 75% complete by March 20th .(the Friday right before Spring Break) PowerSchool will show how much of the course you have completed and your grade. If you do not have 75% of the course completed, your name will not appear on the grad list.
- School fees/grad fees MUST be paid.
Grad List Information:
Your name must appear on the grad list in order for you to attend commencement (cap and gown ceremony). If you do not make the first list, you must make the second list, or you will not be allowed to attend commencement. YOU MUST HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO GRADUATE IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS LIST.>span class="eop"> If you are failing a course required for graduation you must get this grade to passing. (You have all of the required courses listed on page 1.)
Grad List 1: TBA
Grad List 2: TBA
Commencement Ceremony: TBA
All School fees and Grad fees must be paid before tickets can be purchased.
PLEASE NOTE THE INSTRUCTIONS TO PROCEED TO Purchase TICKETS
You must use a computer to purchase tickets
You cannot use your phone or tablet for purchase
You must have
If you do not have access please call the school @ 780-466-3161 to set up an account.
In order to purchase your online grad banquet tickets please follow the steps below.
- Log on to your Powerschool (Parent account).
- Click on the name of your grade 12 student
- Under Navigation – click on School Fees – VIEW school fees
- On the Summary page please select the tab with your grade 12 child’s name.
- Click on the “Graduation Banquet General Tickets” icon
- View the digital map and click on the table that you wish to sit at.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “ # of tickets you wish to purchase”
- Enter meal details for each guest, then click “Add to Cart”
- Close the icon indicating “Items Added to Cart”
- Click on “View Cart”
- Click on “Checkout”
- Process Payment
You will need to ensure that all school fees have been paid (this will also include the $85 graduation fee, $100 refundable gown deposit) in order for the Graduation Banquet General Tickets” icon to appear under the Additional Items heading.
Expect an email confirmation that you’ve successfully completed the transaction.
Austin O'Brien Green Book
All grade 12 students wanting to participate in the Austin O'Brien commencement ceremony MUST complete the green book. The purpose of the green book is to facilitate students in graduating by reviewing their transcripts and credits. They are also responsible for coming up with a plan A and B for life after high school. Their resume must also be included. Each student will receive a green book in their social 30 classes, as well as a presentation walking them through the green book itself. ALL students must sit down with Mrs. Page or Mrs. Buttigieg to review their green book. Students will earn one credit for completing the module. (If a student has already completed social 30-1/-2, they must come and pick up a green book from Mrs. Page in the library.)
To attain an Alberta High School Diploma, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a minimum of 100 credits
- Complete English 30-1 or 30-2
- Complete Social 30-1 or 30-2
- Complete Math 20-1, 20-2, 20-3
- Complete Science 20 or 24 or Biology 20 or Chemistry 20 or Physics 20
- Physical Education 10
- Career and Life Management
10 Credits, in any combination, from
- Career and Technologies (CTS), or
- Fine Arts, or
- Second Languages, or
- Physical Education 20 or 30, or
- Locally developed courses in CTS, fine arts, or
second languages, or
- Two 35 level courses from any trade in the Registered Apprenticeship program
- Earn , in addition to English 30-1/30-2, and Social 30/33:
10 credits in any 30-level courses, including:
- Locally developed courses
- 3000 series, advanced level, in CTS
- 35-level Work Experience
* Can Double dip 30 Level Credits and 10 Credits in any combination for the following courses:
- Fine Arts 30 Level
- Second Language 30 Level
- Phys. Ed 30 Level
Only 15 credits from Work Experience will count towards a High School Diploma
Please Note: All students must complete nine credits in Religion classes (Religion 15, Religion 25 and Religion 35) in order to take part in Austin O'Brien's cap and gown convocation ceremonies.
Printable PDF's are Below: