Please Note: More information to students for Grad can be found on our Digital boards throughout the school, Instagram , School Website, Hallway bulletin boards, Student Portal, Calendar of Events as well as listening to Daily announcements before lunch. There are 3 grade 12 assemblies a year as well as multiple classroom visits by our Grad Coach where details are discussed. The Students are also given handouts during this time.
Attention all Grade 12 students. You need to email Mr. Vilbrunt at: firstname.lastname@example.org your name and height by Friday, March 12th. It is to order the appropriate sized grad gown.
Grad 2021 Friday June 4 at AOB.
Grad Commencement Ceremony 2021
-This year’s Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 4th from 6:00pm until approximately 8:30pm. The ceremony will be a livestreamed event for parents and family members consisting of speeches and students being called down to receive their commemorative diploma individually. The “in-person” aspect of the event is being kept limited to graduates only due to current restrictions regarding large gatherings. Our intention is also to record the ceremony for those who will be unable to view it live. We will include details about where the video will be posted, which platform we will be using to stream the event, instructions on how to access the livestream, as well as a detailed breakdown of the evening, closer to the event. Things tend to change quite unexpectedly in our current situation so please keep a close eye on your email inboxes for this information towards the end of May.
-Students will need to have paid their grad fee/school fees and need to have been included on the grad list, May 7th, to participate in this event. Grad requirements can be checked with Sandra.Eberhardt@ecsd.net and school fees can be checked on Parent PowerSchool or with the Business Manager, Laurel.Shimoda@ecsd.net
-Any questions about the event itself can be directed to Leigh.Vilbrunt@ecsd.net
To graduate from Austin O’Brien, you MUST have also have completed your Green book AND 9 credits in religion.
All students must have a minimum of 100 credits to graduate. At AOB, we aim for you to have 110 just in case!
Making the Grad List:
- Green book- Deadline will be given in your social class semester 2. All students that took social last semester have handed in their green book. If you took social last year or in summer school, and you still have not completed a green book, you MUST see me ASAP!
- Requirements: All courses required to graduate, including religion, are either completed OR you are currently registered in those courses AND you are passing them. This means that you have the potential to graduate. Any course you are taking by module, whether it be here, PASS, REV on line, MUST be 75% complete by March 20th .(the Friday right before Spring Break) PowerSchool will show how much of the course you have completed and your grade. If you do not have 75% of the course completed, your name will not appear on the grad list.
- School fees/grad fees MUST be paid.
Grad List Information:
Your name must appear on the grad list in order for you to attend commencement (cap and gown ceremony). If you do not make the first list, you must make the second list, or you will not be allowed to attend commencement. YOU MUST HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO GRADUATE IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS LIST. If you are failing a course required for graduation you must get this grade to passing. (You have all of the required courses listed on page 1.)
Grad List 1: April 23, 2021
Grad List 2: May 7, 2021
Austin O'Brien Green Book
All grade 12 students wanting to participate in the Austin O'Brien commencement ceremony MUST complete the green book. The purpose of the green book is to facilitate students in graduating by reviewing their transcripts and credits. They are also responsible for coming up with a plan A and B for life after high school. Their resume must also be included. Each student will receive a green book in their social 30 classes, as well as a presentation walking them through the green book itself. ALL students must sit down with Mrs. Page or Mrs. Buttigieg to review their green book. Students will earn one credit for completing the module. (If a student has already completed social 30-1/-2, they must come and pick up a green book from Mrs. Page in the library.)
To attain an Alberta High School Diploma, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a minimum of 100 credits
- Complete English 30-1 or 30-2
- Complete Social 30-1 or 30-2
- Complete Math 20-1, 20-2, 20-3
- Complete Science 20 or 24 or Biology 20 or Chemistry 20 or Physics 20
- Physical Education 10
- Career and Life Management
10 Credits, in any combination, from
- Career and Technologies (CTS), or
- Fine Arts, or
- Second Languages, or
- Physical Education 20 or 30, or
- Locally developed courses in CTS, fine arts, or
second languages, or
- Two 35 level courses from any trade in the Registered Apprenticeship program
- Earn , in addition to English 30-1/30-2, and Social 30/33:
10 credits in any 30-level courses, including:
- Locally developed courses
- 3000 series, advanced level, in CTS
- 35-level Work Experience
* Can Double dip 30 Level Credits and 10 Credits in any combination for the following courses:
- Fine Arts 30 Level
- Second Language 30 Level
- Phys. Ed 30 Level
Only 15 credits from Work Experience will count towards a High School Diploma
Please Note: All students must complete nine credits in Religion classes (Religion 15, Religion 25 and Religion 35) in order to take part in Austin O'Brien's cap and gown convocation ceremonies.
Printable PDF's are Below: