Open House and AOB Registration Info
Please complete the registration process based on which school you attend(ed).
Please keep in mind that you will receive an email confirmation regarding your child's acceptance to AOB by April 19th, 2021. (Please ensure your email address is correct.)
If you do NOT receive this confirmation by May 1, 2021, please call the school at
780-466-3161 and our admin support staff will verify your email address and resend you confirmation of acceptance.
Please follow the directions for either A, B, or C.
A) If you are a student in one of our feeder schools below, St. Brendan, Father Michael Troy, St. Elizabeth Seton, and St. Nicholas, please follow the steps below:
- Please indicate in PowerSchool your intention to attend AOB next year.
- During Thursday, March 4th, and Friday, March 5th, AOB staff will meet with each student and complete the course registration. You do not need to submit a new application to AOB or make an appointment for March 6th. All will be taken care of in our virtual meeting on Thursday or Friday. Parents and students will see the course selection on the PowerSchool portal as Next Year Request (icon down the left side of the screen).
B) If you are an Edmonton Catholic School student, but not in one of our feeder schools, or have attended an Edmonton Catholic School in the past (Kindergarten to present), and have a desire to enroll at Austin O'Brien, please follow the steps below:
- Please email a scanned copy or a clear photo of the following documents to Jennifer.Bowen@ecsd.net of ALL grades (most current) and Birth Certificate. Upon sending the necessary documents to the email above. Please make a course registration appointment in the following link: Conference Manager website https://obrien-edm.schoolsoft.com/login.jsfIMPORTANT: Your appointment will not be honoured if the documents are absent or incomplete.
- By August 10th, 2021, you will receive your child's electronic Student Registration Package which will have their schedule, as well as all necessary information for the 2021-2022 school year.
C) For students who have NEVER attended an Edmonton Catholic School in the past, please follow the steps below:
1. Please complete the Online Registration.
Click this link https://www.ecsd.net/page/1270/register-online-today
2. Please upload the following documents to the Online Registration link above:
- Grades (report card, up to date PowerSchool or School Zone print out etc.)
- Proof of Address (student residence)
- Birth Certificate (regardless of country)
- Citizenship papers (PR card or forms, study permit, work permit) if applicable
- Baptismal Certificate (Optional)
3. After completing the online registration, please make a course registration appointment in the following link: https://www.ecsd.net/8402
IMPORTANT: Your appointment will NOT be honoured if the documents are absent or incomplete.
An appointment will be required for course selections on March 6th. The parent/guardian and student must be in attendance in the virtual meeting for the course selection appointment. You will receive a link to the virtual meeting in the email you provide in the appointment link.
If you missed the March 6, 2021 Registration Day, you may still Register for Austin O'Brien High School for the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact the office if you have any additional questions: 780-466-3161
Please Note: There is no formal school supply list. Students should have a binder with paper, pens, and pencils. Your teacher will let you know if any other supplies are needed.
Students will need a graphing calculator for Math 10 C, Math 20-1, Math 20-2, Math 30-1, Math 30-2, and Math 31. A scientific calculator is required for Math 10-3, 20-3, and 30-3.
Austin O'Brien recommends any version of a TI 83 or TI 84 graphing calculator as these are modelled in the classroom regularly. There are many other models allowed by Alberta Education that are not modelled in AOB classrooms. If there are any questions, students or guardians can contact their teachers. A graphing calculator is not required on the first day of school but will be required soon after.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 780-466-3161