ECSD Assurance Results (2020-2021 School Year)
Edmonton Catholic Schools is reporting outstanding results from two report cards shared with the Board of Trustees on Wednesday, September 15.
Alberta Education’s Assurance Measure Results
Alberta Education’s new Assurance Framework came into effect in September 2020, replacing the previous Accountability Pillar and Accountability Framework. In addition to high school completion rates, this year’s report card for every school jurisdiction also includes survey results from a questionnaire sent to students, parents and guardians, and teachers.
Edmonton Catholic Schools met or exceeded the provincial results in all eight of the Assurance Measures:
- Student Learning Engagement
- 3-year High School Completion Rate
- 5-year High School Completion Rate
- Education Quality
- Welcoming Caring, Respectful, and Safe Learning Environments
- Access to Supports and Services
- Parental Involvement
“These are amazing results given our students faced many challenges and adversity during the pandemic and affirms that we continue to meet the needs of our students. This is a testament to the dedication and commitment of our staff to ensuring that our students receive the very best Catholic education,” said Chief Superintendent Robert Martin.
Our 3-year high school competition rate rose to 89.9% and our 5-year completion rate rose to 92%. Both averages are above the provincial average of 83.4% for 3-year completion and 86.2% for 5-year completion.
“We are very happy to see these high school completion rates, especially given the obstacles our students faced navigating education during an ongoing pandemic,” added Martin. “We want to see every student in the Edmonton Catholic School Division graduate, knowing it will open doors and create opportunities for students as they enter the next chapter of their lives.”
ECSD Assurance Survey Results
Every year, we invite students, parents and guardians, and staff to share their voice about their experience with Edmonton Catholic Schools. This year, we received nearly 32,000 responses to our ECSD Assurance Survey. The results from the survey are used by the Division and by schools to ensure that we are providing the best possible Catholic education experience to our students.
- 95.5% of our parents and guardians report overall satisfaction with ECSD.
- Our staff (94.5%) and our parents and guardians (94.1%) agree that we have a strong Catholic identity that supports student education.
- 95% of our parents and guardians and 94.5% of our staff feel that we provide safe and caring learning environments to our students.
- 93.6% of our students, 94.7% of our staff, and 94% of our parents and guardians agree that our students are learning about First Nations, Metis, and Inuit culture, history, perspectives, and experiences as part of their education.
Overall, high rates of satisfaction and agreement were reported by students, parents and guardians, and staff groups.
“We are very pleased with the results of both reports and that the information collected by our Division and Alberta Education support the important work we are doing,” says Board Chair Sandra Palazzo. “At the end of the day, it’s about the students. We want to assure our stakeholders that we are doing everything possible to support our students and set them up for success.”
As part of our commitment to hearing the voice of our students, families, and staff, our ECSD assurance survey will be administered yearly in order to guide us in our planning.