General News, Announcement, School News
St. Paul school open house video
A message from trustee alene mutala
St. Paul Catholic Elementary school is accepting registrations for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please contact the school office @ 780-452-1510 for additional information!
Virtual - Wednesday February 23, 2022 @ 6 pm
enrichment for all
At St. Paul Catholic Elementary School, all children will engage in a school-wide focus, that will include:
- An inquiry focus that builds on the foundations of literacy and numeracy as we strengthen competencies across all learning domains
- Building upon student agency with humility as we love and serve within our community (students will actively be involved in social justice projects)
- Learning within an environment that enhances student creativity and imagination
- Growing community partnerships that link instructional practises that extend teaching and learning beyond the traditional school environment
- Providing tiered assignments and independent projects for all students
- Offering a variety of clubs for students (i.e. Speech and Debate, Robotics, Engineering, Geoscience, Go Green Initiatives)
The gifted classroom
Students in the Gifted Classroom will have a specialized teacher that:
- Develops Individual Program Plans (IPP’s) for students that include a personal interest inventory and an individual learner profile, focusing on a strength-based mindset
- Provides independent study that varies in levels of complexity and depth that aligns with the Alberta Program of Studies
- Provides enrichment clusters for deeper learning of concepts and skill development
- Works with students in multi-aged grouping
*This program is targeted specifically for those students who meet the Gifted and Talented Criteria.