St. Paul Elementary School
Our students will learn together, work together and pray together in answering the call to a faith-filled life of service.
We believe that to achieve the mission of St. Paul School, we need to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community.
We envision a school in which the staff works together in collaborative teams to:
We envision a school in which students:
We envision a school in which parents:
· Parish Name – St. John the Evangelist
· Parish Website - https://stjohnevangelist.edm.caedm.ca/
St. Paul School is happy to work in partnership with St. John the Evangelist Parish and other schools in our St. John the Evangelist Family to support parents and children in preparing for the Sacraments of Confirmation, First Reconciliation and First Communion. Sacramental Sessions are offered at the Church. The Sacramental Program involves:
Parents registering their children for the sacraments and purchasing study guides through the school, at the Parent Information Evening, or through the parish.
- Parents and children taking part in three Saturday morning classes (one hour in length) for First Reconciliation or two Saturday morning classes (one hour in length) and a teaching mass for First Communion. All sessions are conducted by one of the parish priests.
- Parents and children reviewing assigned sections of the study guides at home prior to the parish-based sessions.
- Children receiving the Sacrament of First Communion as a group with classmates from school at a designated mass.
Please note that parents whose child was not baptized at St. John the Evangelist Parish, are required to submit a copy of the child's baptismal certificate with their registrations.For more information please contact St. John the Evangelist directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the Schools in the Edmonton Catholic School District use a Religious Education Program that is prescribed by our Alberta Bishops and provided through the National Office for Religious Education in Ottawa. The Program ranges from Kindergarten to Grade Twelve, and offers students with an overview of our Catholic faith as well as grade specific themes.
Our School Namesake
We hold Liturgical Celebrations throughout the school year and parents are always welcome to join us on these occasions. Our special day celebrations are:
School Opening Mass, Thanksgiving Celebration, Remembrance Day, Advent Season, Christmas Mass, Lent - Ash Wednesday, Easter Mass, Grade Six Farewell, Year End Mass.
See more at: /8225/page/4143/calendar