The mission of the St. Leo School Council is to promote parental involvement, cooperation and participation in St. Leo’s School activities. Through our mission we support the mission of St. Leo’s School, of fostering our students with positive learning experiences in addressing their individual abilities, needs and differences.
The SC will facilitate effective communication among all of St. Leo’s School community members.
To coordinate activities and liaise with the St. Leo Parent Advisory Association by updating the PAA monthly.
Improve communication among parents, students, and the school community through the use of a monthly newsletter and specific activity notices.
Provide support for the ongoing needs of the school by providing financial assistance as well as through continued volunteering of SC members.
- Facilitate the development of a common vision for our school.
- To develop a common vision for our school.
- To enhance the involvement of parents, students, the school and the community in day-to-day activities.
- To maintain and enhance communication between parents and school administration.
- To promote a positive environment for all participants within our school community.
- To create an environment that encourages participants to contribute to a community that advances the well-being and effectiveness of our school.
- To support the school in providing a positive environment for the students.
- To ensure that the goals and activities of the SC support achieving the mission and vision of the council and St. Leo School
Provided input to the School Plan for Continuous Growth
Provided on-going support for:
- Cultural Events
- Music Resources & Instruments
- Agenda Books for Grades 1-6
- Library Books & Upgrades
- Teacher and Student Classroom Resources
- Technology Purchases & Upgrades
- Supported Recess & Phys Ed Equipment
- Take home and classroom libraries for Kindergarten to Grade 6
The SC and the PAA meetings are generally held on the third Monday of each month (September-May) at 6:00 PM. Notification will be provided for special meetings or meetings rescheduled because of a holiday
The executive members of the SC and the PAA are elected from the SC membership at the Annual General Meeting held in September.
- Meetings are held in town-hall format
- Agenda items are welcome and can be submitted to the chair, or principal 2 weeks prior.