English Program - Academic
École St. Cecilia Junior High School offers an outstanding academic English program. This program, using the Alberta Program of Studies, will prepare students to acquire the knowledge, concepts, and skills needed to engage in a high level of learning.
The programming at École St. Cecilia Junior High prepares students for intellectual engagement by supporting the development of skills and acquisition of knowledge. The junior high years can provide a powerful opportunity for students to acquire the skills, habits of mind and concepts they need to engage in higher levels of learning. The program prepares students for an academic high school program and a future in university or college. Students who will be successful in this program can perform at academic levels and enjoy being challenged to expand their knowledge and skills.
OUR STAFF WILL:
- Enrich Alberta Education's specific learner outcomes in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- Provide an engaging and challenging learning environment that utilizes inquiry-based and problem-solving learning strategies.
- Incorporate a faith-based global perspective that focuses on the Catholic vocation to social justice.
- Engage students in exercises that challenge them to think critically, see things from different perspectives, respond creatively to universal questions, and acquire knowledge from interesting and unique sources.
ST. CECILIA STUDENTS ARE:
- Eager to be challenged
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Curious about many things and interested in learning about them
- Analytical about their own education and open to personal growth as a learner
- Prepared to work collegially with their peers
- Willing to develop public speaking and presentation skills