Our school logo has symbolic parts.
The dove's meaning and symbolism include peace, love, devotion, gentleness, the Holy Spirit and hope.
The Lily's meaning is devotion or purity. Although the meaning can vary by type of lily, culture and color. Lilies are associate with rebirth and motherhood.
Year Round Schooling
Edmonton Catholic Schools has three schools offering a year round schooling calendar. These schools balance their instructional days into four terms with vacation breaks between each of the terms. The number of instructional days for students is exactly the same for both the year round calendar and the traditional calendar.
- Kindergarten with Full-Day Programing Kindergarten and Extensions Program
- Grades 1-9
- Year Round School Calendar
- Wide variety of supports for all children: Snack program (K-9), breakfast program (K-6), concession for Junior High, free bus service for students in catchment area
- Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) Courses Grades 7-9
- Balanced Literacy Instruction
- Fine Arts Options Grades 7-9
- Safe and caring learning environment
- Diverse learning spaces designed to meet a variety of student needs and offer student choice
- Full wireless capabilities
- Multiple Technology options for student choice (Smartboards, FM systems, chromebooks, iPads, laptops)
- SIOP Programming for ELL (English Language Learners)
- Closed campus
- Diverse multicultural student population creates a culture of acceptance and respect
- Inclusive Education that meets the learning needs of all our students
- English as a Second Language (ESL) - Leveled Literacy nd Math instruction for our students who are new to the country
- School Chapel
- Growth Mindset School Focus
- Flex - Weekly Flex option for Junior High students where student choice is honored and a wide variety of classes are offered involving technology, art, games and more.
- Connections to: EISA worker (Tuesdays) helping newcomers, RCSD, and other community groups
- Indigenous Learning Services Support
- Precious Angels Daycare on-site
- ELL services from One World One Center
- Translators from One World One Center
- FSLW (Family Social Liaison Worker) provides support to students and families. Supports with connections to community resources.
- If you require a letter for proof of attendance for CRA, please use this link: https://www.ecsd.net/ParentsSt...
- Our School Plan for Continuous Growth St Catherine School Plan 2020-2023 Final.docx