FRENCH IMMERSION & SPANISH BILINGUAL Language Program Information
École/Escuela Grandin is the first school in Canada to offer both French Immersion and Spanish Bilingual programming in the same building.
At École/Escuela Grandin's Language Centre, we offer education in the three most popular languages in North America:
French, Spanish & English.
More information about ECSD Language Programs
- We are a recognized International Spanish Academy
- Outstanding French Immersion Program
- Supportive Parent Community
- École/Escuela Grandin is a school with a tradition of 100 years of bilingual education. Established in 1914, it is the oldest ECS site in the city of Edmonton.
- École/Escuela Grandin offers students the ability to work hands on with technology in English, French and Spanish.
- The students and staff of École/Escuela Grandin celebrate their faith in a variety of rich and varied school and church celebrations.
- Strong partnership with St. Joseph's Basilica with weekly visits from the parish priests.
- Experienced and caring staff
- Outstanding extra-curricular clubs and teams
- An excellent music program with a strings orchestra for grades 4-6
- Social Justice Programs linked to our Catholic faith
The International Spanish Academy (ISA) program is an educational outreach initiative of the Ministry of Education of Spain where high performing schools in Canada and the United States implement a Spanish-English bilingual language curriculum with the Ministry's support and recognition.
To find out more about International Spanish Academies click here