General Program Information
Location Mary Hanley School serves approximately 420 students from the Millwoods communities of Minchau, Weinlos, Bisset, Wild Rose, Silverberry and Mill Creek.
- Mary Hanley Catholic School provides a strong academic program within a safe, nurturing and welcoming inclusive environment.
- The faith dimension of the community is foundational to all instructional as well as extra curricular activities.
- The intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual development of all students is fostered by a highly skilled and committed staff, working in collaboration to ensure success for all learners within a Christ Centered Professional Learning Community.
- Daily prayer, religious celebrations, symbols, art displays and sacramental preparation, bear witness to the celebration of Catholic identity.
- Resource facilitation/inclusive education
- Site-based literacy
- Outdoor classroom
- English as a Second Language Program
- French as a Second Language Program
- MHTV - run by students
- Strong music program with recorder and choir
- Skiing and swimming lessons
- Home Reading
- Supervised Lunch
- Hot Lunch
Student Service Opportunities
- AMA school patrols
- Library volunteers
- Lunch monitors
- Milk monitors
- Music monitors
- Recycle coordinators
- Student Leadership Teams
Our Motto "A Place of Joy."
Our Vision Together in Christ, we inspire the passion to learn.
Our Mission We, the Catholic Community of Mary Hanley School, are called by Christ:
- to create and nurture a successful learning environment
- to embrace and celebrate the unique gifts of everyone
- to exemplify the spirit of the District Core Values
- and to serve God in one another.
- Enhanced multimedia technology lab
- FM Systems
- Smart Boards in all classes
- Document cameras in all classes
- iPad minis for student use
- laptops for project-based learning
- Chromebooks / laptops for project-based learning
- Mathletics, individual online math program
- Raz-kids, individualized online reading program
- Extensive automated library
- Speech and Language therapy, Occupational therapy and Emotional Behavioural services - provided through the Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (RCSD)
- Parent Volunteers
- Active School Council
- Strong partnership with Corpus Christi Parish team
- Running Club
- Prayer Club
- Colouring Club
- Robotics Club
- 3D Printing Club
- Joy Club
- Handbell Club
- Gr. 4 - 6 Choir
- Gr. 2 - 3 Choir
- Volleyball Club
- After School Sports
- Family Movie Night
- Family Dance
- Family Barbeque