ÉCOLE OUR LADY OF THE PRAIRIES SCHOOL - HIGHLIGHTS
Mission Statement & Vision Statement:
At École Our Lady of the Prairies School, we foster a Christ-centered life where our children collaborate, explore, and communicate as 21st Century learners.
We inspire in our children a sense of humility, fairness, and open-mindedness to support their:
- Love of God and Jesus
- Bilingualism and appreciation of our community's multi-cultural mosaic
- Journey as engaged and ethical learners who will become global citizens
- Critical thinking skills
- Love of learning
- Social Justice awareness
- Desire to celebrate success
- École Our Lady of the Prairies School is located in the Callingwood Community.
- We offer Pre-K (100 Voices) to grade 6.
- We are a dual track school offering a regular English program and a French Immersion Program
- French as a Second Language instruction is offered to all students in grades 4 to 6
- School-wide Balanced Literacy Model designed to develop strong skills in both, reading and writing
- English as a Second Language is designed for new Canadians, or for students whose first language at home is that other than English. These students will receive extra support in the classroom through their homeroom teacher and the Learning Coach
- We are a one to one school which means every single child has access to a device every single day
- All classrooms at École Our Lady of the Prairies have a wide range of learners. Our goal is to assist students to achieve their personal academic best.
- Diverse learning spaces designed to meet a variety of student needs and offer student choice.
- Flexibility in learning modalities based on a student's preferred learning style.
- Inquiry-based Learning that offers a high level of student engagement.
- (S.T.E.A.M.) Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math focused Learning Commons/Makerspaces that includes a Wind Tunnel, Magnet Wall, Lego Wall, Light Labs, Robotics, Dash & Dot Coding Robots, Cubelets® Robot Blocks Osmos, Tagoo Blocks, & additional hands-on learning tools for optimal inquiry-based learning.
- Our Learning Commons and Makerspace areas are used for classroom learning
- Two Learning Coaches to coordinate flexible approaches to learning, customized for individual student needs.
- Multiple Disciplinary Team (MDT) of Service Providers (OT, SLP, PT, FSLW, EBS, RCSD)
- Multi-age Instruction for Project-Based Learning
- Full wireless capabilities Multiple Technology options for student choice (Smartboards, FM systems, Netbooks, Chrome books, iPads, laptops.)
- Hot Lunch Program
- Levelled Literacy Intervention Program (LLI) for Struggling Readers
- SIOP and Imagine Language and Literacy Program for (ELL) English Language Learners
- Mathletics / Net Math / Raz Kids / L’Écture Enfant licenses for at home use
- Comprehensive & Collaborative Music Programming for all students
- Student-led Broadcast Team
- Student Social Justice Club
- Volleyball Teams
- Running Club
- Choir and Hand bell Club
- Annual Musical during the School Christmas Concert