The Mission Statement of the District
- Love of the Father
- Faith in Jesus Christ
- Hope from the Holy Spirit
We believe in God and we believe
- that each person is created in the image and likeness of God
- that each child is a precious gift and sacred responsibility
- in the goodness, dignity and worth of each person
- that Christ is our model and our teacher
- in celebrating and witnessing our faith
- in transforming the world through Catholic education
- that Catholic education includes spiritual growth and fulfillment
- that learning is a lifelong journey
- that all can learn and develop their gifts
- in building Christ-centred communities for service to one another
- that all have rights, roles and responsibilities for which they are accountable
- that Catholic education is a shared responsibility in which parents have a primary role
The mission of Edmonton Catholic Schools is to provide a Catholic education that inspires students to learn and that prepares them to live fully and to serve God in one another.
VisionOur students will learn together, work together and pray together in answering the call to a faith-filled life of service.
Eight Characters of Catholic Education
A Statement of 21st Century Learning in Edmonton Catholic Schools
Preparing our students for a world not yet realizedIn keeping with our Foundation Statement, the students and staff of Edmonton Catholic Schools commit to 21st century learning. In support of hopeful Christcentred living, in a society transformed by globalization, technological innovation, and human ingenuity, 21st century learning complements our commitment as a Catholic community of learners, leaders and educators.
Edmonton Catholic Schools fosters faith-based learning that deeply engages all staff and students in 21st century learning opportunities. All facets of the learning system -- curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional learning, accountability and resource allocation -- are in support of 21st century learning. Students will be creative, digitally aware, critical-thinking global citizens, analysts, communicators and producers engaged in learning that is conceptual and authentic within a faith-based environment.
Guided by our moral compass and focused on the common good, students and staff will be self-directed, adaptable, discerning and curious, as they engage individually and collaboratively in 21st century learning.
A Defining Statement of Inclusive Education in Our District – Katholos:
Education for Life for AllIn accordance with our District Foundation Statement, all *resident students and their parents/caregivers are welcomed into our schools. The Learning Team is committed to collaborating, identifying, applying and monitoring practices enabling all students to reach their potential, spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and academically within the Programs of Study alongside their peers.
*resident student as defined by the School Act
Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton8421 - 101 Ave. T6A 0L1
Tel: 469-1010 Fax: 465.3003
ARCHBISHOP RICHARD SMITH
Roman Catholic Parishes
Ukrainian Catholic Parishes