Open House Information
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION
February 3, 2021 @ 6PM
- Parents are asked to ensure that you have uploaded the Microsoft Teams App onto your computer, laptop, or phone in advance of the open house as it will be required to participate virtually.
- We will have various staff presenters for the evening, along with important informational slides and videos to feature what makes St. Matthew School such a great place of learning!
- We understand that while this virtual format is not the ideal, we are confident that the school’s rich culture will shine through, as will the dedication of our staff.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Our mission as a school community is to inspire our students to become life-long learners and to develop their individual talents within a Catholic setting.
We recognize individual talents and celebrate diversity by collaborating, modeling, and providing a supportive learning environment for both our students and staff. We do this so that our students will become responsible, caring and contributing members of society.
We serve regular program students in the Lauderdale, Rosslyn, Glengarry and O'Leary areas as well as the Ukrainian students of north Edmonton.
Our motto is "Together Toward Tomorrow".
WHAT WE OFFER
- A focus on Core Values
- Dual track school - English Program and Ukrainian Bilingual Program
- Ukrainian Dance Academy
- Active School Advisory Council
UKRIANIAN BILINGUAL PROGRAM
- Online registrations will open January 11, 2021 at 9am on our ECSD division general website.
- To register your child(ren) you will need the following documentation that you will need to be upload on the online registration system.
- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship/Residency documents (if necessary)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Most current Court Orders/Custody/Delegation of Authority (if necessary)
- Any other documentation that is specific to your situation (Change of Name Certificate, Work Permit, Study Permit, Treaty Status/Card, etc)
- Once you complete the online registration and have uploaded the necessary documents, our school office will contact you to set up a time to drop by the school to complete the registration process. For this meeting you will need to bring the original documents that you uploaded (from list above), we will scan your originals and verify your information. You will also need to provide proof of address; this can include a current utility bill or your driver's license.
- The Principal will then review your finalized registration prior to acceptance. Once this review is complete, you will receive a phone call from either the Administrative Assistant or Principal to confirm acceptance for the next school year.
- To register your child you can either click on the "register now" link at the top of this page or click on the link below, these links will take you to our general division website registration page, please follow the steps as indicated on the website.
- When you are ready to register your child(ren), click here at Register Now.