St. Dominic School is a Catholic and child-centered community which works together to inspire our students to strive for personal growth, mutual respect and individual excellence within a Christian Learning environment. Our school’s liturgical celebrations, living our core values through the 8 Characters of Catholic Education and our dedicated staff are just a few of the many ways in which we ensure that your children are surrounded with a climate that is focused on learning and respect for one another and their surroundings.
St. Dominic Catholic School maintains high standards of academics and discipline. We have very high expectations of our students and we provide them with the tools necessary to experience success on spiritual, academic and social levels as global citizens living in the 21st Century.
As parents, you have an essential role to play in the educational development of your children. Research indicates that parents who are involved in their child’s academic life contribute greatly to their child’s progress in school. We welcome your input and encourage your participation as we work in partnership together to best meet the learning needs of your children. This can be done in a number of ways; through regular volunteering in daily or special event activities, helping with the hot lunch program, fieldtrip assistance, or involvement with the school council.
Together, we can achieve great success as we work towards making St. Dominic Catholic School the best possible learning environment for our students.
St. Dominic serves the following neighbourhoods in northeast Edmonton: Brintnell, Casselman, Hollick Kenyon, Kildare, Kilkenny, McConachie, McLeod, Miller, York.
School Vision Statement
The St. Dominic community strives to develop positive engaging relationships that encourage students to become reflective global citizens.
We believe that Christ is the centre of our school community. In His service we demonstrate this faith:
- as we celebrate each other's uniqueness, God-given talents, abilities and differences.
- as we build a supportive, encouraging environment that will enhance the growth and wellness of each member.
- as we strive to do our personal best, encourage our students to do the same, and celebrate our accomplishments.
- as we give respect and expect respect to maintain dignity and enhance self-worth.
- as we share the joy of being lifelong learners.
The circular design represents oneness/community. The heart on the upper left reflects our open hearts to all children and their families in an inclusive environment.
The globe/world on the bottom left represents our multicultural community of learners.
On the top right reimagined for the future, corner sunrays from our previous logo honors our past.
Bottom right the joyful children represents the joyful spirit the children of St. Dominic bless our hallways and classrooms with.
The undefined cross symbolizes how our Catholic faith permeates who we are and is visible in everything we do.
Our staff is committed to live the Edmonton Catholics School’s mission that inspires students to learn and to prepare them to live fully and to serve God in one another.
We will achieve our school vision within a collaborative faith-based learning environment where children are challenged with innovative and authentic inquiry-based tasks that honor their individual needs.
- Emphasis on "living" Catholic core values
- High learner expectations and high achievement
- Inclusive education philosophy
- Wireless capabilities with "tech carts" in each classroom
- Levelled Literacy Intervention Program (LLI) for struggling readers.
- "Healthy Hunger" Hot Lunch program
- SIOP Program for English Language Learners
- MathUp Program
- Indigenous Space and Inner Courtyard
- French as a Second Language Instruction Grades 4-6
- Comprehensive and Collaborative Music Programming for all students.