St. Dominic is pleased to offer Half-Day Kindergarten programming in our school. These programs are rich in oral language, literacy, exploration and discovery.
Kindergarten Programming Highlights:
- The classroom learning environment is where academic curriculum is taught, and learner outcomes explored as a community of learners.
- This is where the teacher plans, develops and teaches through whole group, small group and individual experiences.
- The classroom teacher creates meaningful opportunities for learning by intentionally setting targeted learning outcomes for the children to work towards achieving.
- The teacher would assess the children’s understanding and report on learner outcomes to parents including formal reporting with PowerTeacher Pro.
- Play-based opportunities are woven through the Kindergarten Program to support the child's natural curiosity as they begin to conceptualize the curriculum outcomes being taught.