Commencing this week, our learning model will be completely different from what our students are used to within a classroom and school-based setting. We are shifting to a remote learning model and our teachers and school leaders have been working hard to plan for this new reality.
In broad terms, our continuity of learning plan includes the following expectations:
• Religious education will continue at all level
• Elementary teachers will plan activities that incorporate cross-curricular opportunities.
• Junior high teachers will plan instruction in all core subjects.
Other subject areas, such as options, will continue where and when possible.
• High school teachers will plan instruction in all core subjects. As many high school students require complementary courses for graduation or post-secondary entrance requirements, instruction will continue where and when possible.
• A focus on wellness and physical literacy will continue. We continue to pray for all those impacted by Covid-19 and that all of our students, families, and staff will remain healthy and safe. Please know that we miss our students dearly and are committed to providing the best Catholic Education possible in the weeks ahead.