The School Council is a group of parents/guardians, principals, teachers and community representatives who work together to effectively support and enhance student learning. School Council holds a minimum of five (5) regular School Council meetings per school year, and one (1) Annual General Meeting, at the start of the school year. Parents are encouraged to become involved in their School Council (by attending meetings and supporting initiatives) as the ultimate goal is to benefit their own children and the school.
There are currently 7 elected positions on School Council including: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer Liaison, Community League Liaison, Social Media Coordinator and Community Events Coordinator. For more information, please contact the School Council Chair, Danielle L'Heureux at: email@example.com.
FUNDRAISING FRIENDS OF FATHER MICHAEL MIREAU ASSOCIATION
The Fundraising Friends of Father Michael Mireau Association (FFFMMA) was established to work closely with School Council in support fundraising activities for the school community. FFFMMA was responsible for spearheading the fundraising and construction of the new Playground, and oversees a number of fundraising activities throughout the year. FFFMMA holds five (5) regular general meetings following each School Council meeting (refer to meeting dates above), and one (1) Annual General Meeting, at the start of the school year. Those attending School Council meetings are welcome to also attend the FFFMMA meetings that follow.
There are currently 9 elected positions on the FFFMMA including: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and 4 Directors at Large. For more information, please contact the FFFMMA President, Tara Charlton at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meetings are currently being held virtually using Microsoft Teams or in-person at the school. Agendas with prior meeting minutes are distributed by the school via SWIFT K -12 messaging (email) a few days prior to each meeting date. Meeting dates for the 2022-23 School Year will be set at the Fall Annual General Meeting (AGM) September/October 2022.
- Tuesday September 21, 2021, 6pm (AGM)
- Tuesday October 19, 2021, 6pm
- Monday November 29, 2021, 6pm
- Tuesday January 25, 2022, 6pm
- Monday March 7, 2022, 6pm
- April 12, 2022, 6pm
- June 6, 2022, 6pm
COMMUNICATION & CONTACT INFORMATION
There are three important ways to stay informed and connect:
- Ensure you are receiving school messages sent using the SWIFTReach Networks Alert system (PowerSchool). If you are not setup, please contact the school for support.
- Contact the School Council Chair at email@example.com or the FFFMMA President at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about getting involved or attending a meeting.
- Follow us on Facebook @FMMSchool Council (Father Michael Mireau School Council & Fundraising Friends of FMM)