Grade 12 Mike Carby Award
Background: Mike Carby was the first Principal at St. Oscar Romero High School. This award is in honour of him.
- Must be in Grade 12
- This award is to recognize the top Grade 12 Student at St. Oscar Romero
All interested applicants please submit a write up to:
Ms. Jani at Norma.Jani@ecsd.net
Deadline: Friday June 4, 2021 9:00 a.m.
Write Up Criteria:
Submit a biography detailing your involvement in the school over the last three years. Please include the following:
- Extracurricular Activities: participates in and contributes to the extracurricular life of the school - athletics, clubs, drama, music, choir, students’ union
- Grades: must be consistently above average
- Leadership (Role Model): inspires others to live the Romero spirit
- Attendance: attends classes on a regular basis
- Demonstrates Religious Leadership in School: celebrations, Social Justice League, fasts, etc.
The winner will be awarded $500 at the Grade 12 Commencement Ceremony and your name
will be engraved on a plaque that resides in the trophy case in the CORE of the school.
Thank you for your contributions to the school!