Not sure where your career path will lead? Career and Technology Studies (CTS) courses at Romero encourage students to investigate career opportunities and to pursue interests using a “hands on” approach. These courses are designed in collaboration with industry experts to provide practical skills using advanced technologies.
The CTS Department boasts a foods lab, fashion lab, wood working lab, and welding (fabrication) lab, a multi-purpose lab for digital design, animation, and audio and video editing, as well as for computer programming and game design.
CTS courses provide:
- Career direction
- Preparation for a career choice
- Work experience
- Advanced document preparation and research skills for post-secondary education
- Practical, lifelong skills
- Each CTS course is comprised of several modules, where a credit is assigned to each successfully completed module. Marks are assigned when the entire course has been completed.
CTS Courses are provided in the following fields:
- Digital Technology / Computer Sciences
- Fashion Studies
- Food Studies
A select group of students have the chance to compete in their field of interest against other high schools in Alberta. This competition is usually held in May at the Expo Centre. It is a great launching pad for anyone interested in a career in the trades. Top two competitors in each field at the regional competition have a chance to compete at the Provincial and National competitions.
For more information and details on the specific courses offered, please check out the Romero Student Registration Guide.
For more information regarding Fine Arts at Romero, please contact:
Paschal Hamel, Fine Arts Department Head