Enhanced Academic Placement (EAP) Program
The Enhanced Academic Program (EAP) prepares students for high intellectual engagement by starting the development of skills and acquisition of knowledge as early as possible. The junior high years can provide a powerful opportunity for students to acquire the skills, habits of mind and concepts they need to engage in higher levels of learning. The EAP program prepares students for an advanced academic program and a future in university or college.
Students who will be successful in this program can perform at rigorous academic levels and enjoy being challenged to expand their knowledge and skills.
EAP Program at Archbishop Joseph MacNeil EAP Parent Presentation 2021.pdf
The Enhanced Academic Program (EAP) will:
- Extend curriculum and enrich Alberta Education's specific learner outcomes in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- Provide an engaging and challenging learning environment that utilizes inquiry-based and problem-solving learning strategies
- Incorporate a faith-based global perspective that focuses on the Catholic vocation to social justice
- Engage students in exercises that challenge them to think critically, see things from different perspectives, respond creatively to universal questions, and acquire knowledge from interesting and unique sources
Enhanced Academic Program (EAP) students are:
- Eager to be challenged
- Able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Highly self-directed
- Curious about many things and interested in learning about them
- Analytical about their own education and open to personal growth as a learner
- Prepared to work collegially with their peers
- Willing to develop public speaking and presentation skills
Application Deadline (TBD)
Doc 1 AJM EAP Information Package - Coming Soon
Doc 2 AJM EAP Applicant Information - Coming Soon
Doc 3 AJM EAP Teacher Support - Coming Soon
Please fill out the grade appropriate Option Forms